While parents can continue to send in a paper excuse note to your child’s teacher when your child is absent, we are launching a new email address to receive and archive absence excuse notes. We are encouraging the use of email over paper notes when possible.
• Email TRESabsence@hcpss.org.
• Include your child(ren)’s full name in the subject line.
• Include parent’s full name and phone number.
• Include the date your child(ren) was absent and the reason.
• Include doctor’s notes or other documentation as attachments if needed.
• If you there is a health issue you would like the teacher and health office to know about, copy your child’s teacher and the health office (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
• Do not use this email to notify us of dismissal changes and early dismissals. It is for full day absences only.
We hope that TRESabsence@hcpss.org is an easier way for parents to provide documentation for student absences.